Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Holiday Art Sale

Just a little update on the status of Plymptoons Studio.  Happily, I've just finished my long-awaited feature "Revengeance", co-created with the brilliant Jim Lujan. We are now entering it in all the big U.S. film festivals, hoping for some screening invitations and perhaps a distribution deal.

Also, in other exciting news, we're very close to finishing a brand-new short starring my "Guard Dog" character, called "Cop Dog", which I think will be my best in the "Dog" series.  The plan for "Cop Dog" is like all my other shorts, we'll send it out on the festival circuit and hope it gets some good reviews, audience response and perhaps a few awards, then it could have a much better success in finding distribution. 

PLUS!  I'm just now completing a music video, written and sung by my long-time friend and collaborator, Maureen McElheron.  It's called "No Snow for Christmas", a wonderful song about global warming during the holiday season.  We should be done with it in a few weeks, please watch for it.

As a result of all this productivity, I've found that I have very little money coming in to pay the bills, so I came up with two ideas to help ease my financial stress.  The first one is to create caricatures for all of my fans who want them, for $100 each.  You can get yourself, your spouse, even your pet drawn as a Plymptoon, and these make great holiday gifts!  More details are in an earlier blog post or on my web-site here:

http://www.plymptoonstore.com/

And my second plan for raising funds is something I first did about 10 years ago, which was a big succcess - we held an open house at my studio for people to come visit and purchase original Bill Plympton animation art (and DVD's, posters, books, t-shirts) at drastically reduced prices.  It looks like we'll be doing this again, on December 3 and 4, just in time for Christmas shopping!  There will a range of prices, for everyone from the poor art student to the serious collector.  We'll even have a freebie table - plus everyone who comes gets a free autographed Plympton sketch, just for showing up.

So, please tell all your friends and animation fans everywhere - spread the word, December 3-4 the place to be will be my studio, at 153 West 27th St. (between 6th & 7th Ave.) in NYC - 10 am to 5 pm.  See you all there!  More details to follow here and on my Facebook page.

--Bill Plympton

No comments:

Post a Comment