Friday, July 12, 2013

San Diego Comic-Con, July 17-21



I've been going to "The Con" for about 15 years, and it's always one of my favorite events.

I get to see what all my buddies in illustration and graphic novels are up to - I get to check out their new work and perhaps steal some cool ideas for me films.

Again this year, we'll be situated in what we jokingly call "Animation Alley" - we're usually next to Animation Magazine, ASIFA-Hollywood, Ralph Bakshi Studios and of course the legendary Spike & Mike booth featuring the outrageous Spike Decker.  (If you can do enough push-ups for him, he may give you a free gift!)

Plymptoons Studio will have a lot of cool things going on as well.  My short film "Summer Bummer" will be playing in the Comic-Con Film Festival on Thursday, July 18 at around 3:40 pm in Marriott Hall 2, at the San Diego Marriott Marquis (this is just north of the Convention Center, close to Hall A).

I'm also hosting an amazing panel on Kickstarter and the funding of my new feature film CHEATIN', and everyone who attends will get a free Bill Plympton sketch.  You don't want to miss that!  That will take place on Thursday, July 18 at 12 noon in Room 23ABC.

Also, I'll be showing my new short film "Drunker Than a Skunk" on Friday night at the Spike & Mike Sick & Twisted Gauntlet of Animation: 9:30 pm, Room 6BCF.

But the coolest thing about Comic-Con is that I'll be premiering my new DVD "Dogs & Cows" that contains all my recent shorts, including "The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger", "Waiting For Her Sailor", "Summer Bummer", "Guard Dog Global Jam", and the brand-new, award-winning "Drunker Than a Skunk".  Also included is "Tiffany the Whale", my latest attempt at a TV pilot, and "Gary Guitar", another pilot I did for Nickelodeon that was not picked up.  And in the bonus features, there may be some animation that I'm not allowed to show, but I decided to sneak it in anyway...stop by Booth #1537 and I'll tell you what it is.

The second cool attraction is - for the first time, we'll be selling high-quality reproductions of art from the new feature CHEATIN'.  In the past, you could only buy original animation art from our booth for $200 or $300 - now you can obtain very cool signed Plympton artwork for 1/10 of the cost!

So, please stop by our booth, #1537, and tell us you read Scribble Junkies, and I'll give you a free sketch.

See you at Comic-Con!

Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment