Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My New Book!


I'm very excited! My new book from Focal Press is arriving at the end of May. It's called, "Make Toons That Sell Without Selling Out", and I just received an early copy. It looks terrific!

It's far different than the wonderful coffee table book about me from Rizzoli, "Independently Animated, Bill Plympton". That book is more of a career roundup of my life in illustration and animation with lavish prints of art.

The Focal Press book is more of a "how to" -- it's essentially my master class, with much more detail and drawings illustrating my creative process. This book is mandatory for all animation students, designers, or anyone who loves cartoons!

I talk about how I make a living creating short films, how to make people laugh, and more importantly how to draw. I packed the book with sketches and drawings from my life drawing class and animated films -- those alone are worth the price of the book!

So please pick up a copy of "Make Toons That Sell Without Selling Out" by Focal Press
(I give it an A+)


Order on Amazon!

2 comments:

  1. I bought the Rizzoli book and it was great! Can hardly wait to get the new book.

    Thanks, Bill!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an aspiring cartoonist, animator and illustrator, I managed to get a copy of this book, since I'm a huge fan of your work. It's very fascinating thus far, and I've been trying to take notes from it when I can by typing down some of the most important tips on my computer, since I'm not really into the notion of highlighting in my books .

    ReplyDelete