Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Society of Illustrator’s “Flying House” Premiere






I’ve been talking a lot about my resurrection of Winsor McCay’s “Flying House”. Well, we just finished the new version a few weeks ago, and now we’re ready to hold the premiere.

Since I was a young art student at SVA, I loved going to see the great art at the venerable Society of Illustrators. About 2 years ago, when I mentioned the project to Anelle Miller, the director of the society, she was very enthusiastic and offered to help me financially with the project, since Mr. McCay was such an icon to all illustrators. I couldn’t have made the film without their support.

So we decided to have the world premiere at the great society building on East 63rd Street. The scheduled event will take place on the evening of February 8th, doors open at 6:00p.m, and there will be a cocktail reception after.

We’re planning all sorts of surprises. We hope to have some animation historians to talk about the project, and of course, all the people who worked on the project will be present. Two of the voice artists, Matthew Modine and Patricia Clarkson are projected to be there.

And we’ll offer DVDs of the film for sale after – so bring your friends and come see the world premiere of “The Flying House” at the Society of Illustrators.

Resurrection

Society of Illustrators

February 8th, 2012

6:30 – 9:00 p.m.

$20, or $10 with a valid Student I.D.

Cocktail Reception to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment