Friday, July 15, 2011

West Coast Trip

I've just embarked on a long journey along the West Coast, to promote my Rizzoli book, “Independently Animated, Bill Plympton”, and my newly released DVD, “Idiots and Angels”!

I started my excursion in Portland, Oregon, my hometown, where “Idiots and Angels” is opening at the wonderful Clinton St. Cinema for 3 nights, July 15th-17th. Then on Monday July 18th, I'll be doing a signing of “Independently Animated” at the Portland Landmark, Powell's Book Store from 7:30-9pm.

I'll then jet down to the Great San Diego Comic Con, where I have an “Independently Animated” book panel on Thursday from 2-3 pm. That should be a great event! I hope you all can come and get a free drawing.

Also on Friday July 22nd, I'm doing a signing at the Hustler store in San Diego-- that should be a crazy event.

From there, I move north to San Francisco, where “Idiots and Angels” is having its San Francisco theatrical premiere at the Balboa Cinema, July 25-27.

In between, I'm making an appearance at the Cartoon Art Museum on July 26th at 6-8 pm, to show films and talk about animation.

Oh, and I almost forgot-- on Wednesday July 27th at the Balboa, I'm doing a very special master class on the life of an indie animator – so if you know anyone interested in the Bay Area, please give them the word.

Finally, I travel to Los Angeles, where Thursday, July 28th, Alexia and I are premiering the documentary on me, “Adventures in Plymptoons”. The screening will be at the Woodbury University at 7pm.

And to top it all off, July 30th, Saturday evening, I'm to receive an award from the “Action on Film” festival. So, it's going to be a busy few weeks! I hope I survive. Check back here for updates, and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Where should we go for a list of cities/dates for the new documentary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the worst poster i've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete